Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ping Pong and Grape Vines

Last week Jeff and Brenda flew back to Canberra where they live. Before they left they came round to say goodbye with Dorothy. We ended up getting the table tennis table out in the garage and Dorothy showed me where the sporty genes come from in the family by beating me at a game of table tennis.


I went for another bike ride last week. This time I cycled all the way to Willunga, through the Mclaren Vale wine region. Most of the cycle path was built on top of an old abandoned railway line. So there were no cars in sight as I followed the track that weaved through the countryside.


At Mclaren Vale the main road is lined with the signs of all the different wine producers, there are some nice restaurants further along the road and just as you head back off into the countryside there are a couple of old railway cariages that have been converted into a cafe.


When I reached the end of the cycle track I rewarded myself with a packet of Burger Rings, which are crisps that taste like beef burgers, then cycled back to Moana.

No comments:

Post a Comment